Benefit Your Glutes: Buttock Massage Can Relieve Lower Back Pain and Sciatica
Are you suffering from lower back or sciatica pains? If so, a good relaxing buttock massage could be the answer to relieving your discomfort. Massage is well documented as a good method of managing and relieving pain in most parts of your body, your backside include. Also known in the trade as gluteus / glutes massage, more commonly butt massage or (not wishing to be course) a treat for your asp. I include a detailed description of strokes I would use to really relax and sooth all of those muscles. This powerful tool and group of techniques can help to reduce soreness and tightness in the muscles of the buttocks and legs. This in turn can provide relief from those nagging aches and pains. Read on to learn more about the all your buttock muscles and the benefits of getting a bum massage in York for both lower back and sciatica pain or call 07979 814388 to book in now!
How Massage Can Help with Pain Relief & Pain Management
Massage is a proven therapy for pain management. It is a powerful tool when it comes to relieving pain and discomfort, especially in the back and legs. A nice, soothing buttock massage, in particular, can work wonders in addressing muscle imbalances and providing much-needed relief.
When it comes to lower back pain and sciatica, the gluteus minimus and piriformis muscles can often be a culprit. Through targeted massage, tension in these muscles can be released, reducing pressure on the sciatic nerve and alleviating pain. Massage also helps to improve flexibility, promote relaxation, and increase blood flow to the affected area, all of which contribute to pain relief.
So, if you’re suffering from lower back or sciatica pain, don’t underestimate the power of a professional masseuse rubbing down your bum muscles with warmed oil. Give your glutes the attention they deserve and experience the benefits of natural pain relief. Call 07979 814388 to book your appointment today!
Example of Strokes Used During a Soothing Buttock Massage
- Firstly, you should be aware your underpants will have to be removed or at least pulled down quite low so your therapist can access your glutes unhindered by clothes. After this happens, as with most massages oil need to be applied to your bum using light, gentle effleurage strokes. A circular motion around your buttocks is good for this as would a side to side motion. The latter might pull your buttocks apart slightly.
- Next a sun and moon stroke is used to warm up the skin tissues with a bit more pressure and perhaps some friction. Warming tissues will allow old body fluids to be moved away, filtered clean and these will be replaced by new oxygenated blood.
- Then a pulling stroke maybe used across your muscles. This pulls the tissue away from each other and warms them more. Next some pushing strokes can be used to compress tissues and thus forcing used blood and lymph out of the muscles. The latter can be done in either a circular motion or across your bottom.
- Next the muscle tissues are compressed between two hands, lifted slightly and then twisted gently. This is moving the muscles in a way they do not usually move and will loosen them further. It means all your buttock muscles will be freed from each other and so move more freely when treatment is completed.
- Next to last percussion stroked are used. An open hand is used in a cupping stoke, which is a little like being spanked but, less aggressive and not painful. Next chopping stroke is used using the side of the hand (think light karate chop) very quickly up and down and all around your bottom. Then pounding strokes take place using a closed fist your bum muscles are pounded to free up all of the body fluids.
- Lastly, your therapist returns to gentle effleurage strokes over your bum, This will calm the tissues. Also it should calm you down a bit too before your threapist’s warm oily hands move on to another part of your body or you turn over onto your back so your face up ready for your full body treatment to continue. Call 07979 814388 now to book your appointment today!
The Benefits of Buttock Massage for Pain and Sciatica
Are you tired of living with constant lower back and sciatica pain? Buttock massage may be just what you need to find relief. By targeting the gluteus minimus muscle, a key contributor to these types of pain, buttock massage can provide significant benefits.
One of the major benefits of buttock massage is the release of tension and tightness in the gluteus minimus muscle. This helps to reduce pressure on the sciatic nerve, relieving sciatica symptoms and lower back pain. Additionally, massage improves flexibility and increases blood flow to the affected area, promoting relaxation and natural pain relief.
So why suffer in silence? Give buttock massage a try and experience the incredible benefits for yourself. You deserve to live a life free from the constant discomfort of lower back and sciatica pain.
The Muscles of the Buttocks Anatomy & Physiology
The buttocks and legs are made up of several important muscle groups that play a key role in supporting our body and enabling movement. These muscles are constantly in motion or being squashed when we sit on them so, they can need some caring attention with massage.
One of the 3 major gluteus muscles in this area is the gluteus maximus, which is the largest muscle in the body let alone the buttocks. It helps to extend and rotate the hip joint, as well as providing stability to the pelvis.
Another important muscle is the gluteus medius, located on the outer side of the hip and for the a third of it is covered by the gluteus maximus. This muscle helps hip abduction (movement away from the centre) and internally rotate the hip joint, and also plays a role in stabilising the pelvis during walking and other activities.
Also, the gluteus minimus is a smaller muscle located beneath the gluteus medias. It also helps with hip abduction and internal rotation, and assists in pelvic stabilisation.
Lastly, a smaller muscle in the buttocks is the piriformis muscle which lies under gluteus maximus and gluteus medius. In most people the sciatic nerve runs under the piriformus but, in a some it may actually run through the muscle. Its location and tension in it are obviously critical to how free the sciatic nerve is.
When any of these muscles become tight or strained, it can lead to discomfort and pain in the lower back and legs. By targeting these muscles through a nice massage of your bum, we can help to release tension, and reduce soreness that a trapped sciatic nerve can cause. A glutes massage can also improve flexibility and mobility in the buttocks and legs. This can ultimately provide relief from lower back and sciatica pain, allowing you to move more freely and comfortably. Contact Us by email or call 07979 814288 to get your buttocks relaxed with a treatment here.
Understanding Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain is a common issue that many people experience at some point in their lives. People who bend a lot at work suffer, people who are inactive or overweight also get it, as do pregnant women because they change their posture due to a centre of gravity change with their child’s weight and size. Back pains can range from a dull ache to sharp, shooting pains, and can greatly impact daily activities. Understanding the causes of lower back pain is important in order to find effective relief.
One of the key contributors to lower back pain is the gluteus maximus, the largest muscle of your buttocks and the largest in your entire body. When this muscle becomes tight or strained, it can cause discomfort and radiate pain down the legs, which is often referred to as sciatica. Another muscle in the buttocks, the gluteus minimus, can also contribute to lower back pain if it becomes tight or overworked.
By addressing these muscle imbalances through buttock massage, you can help alleviate lower back pain and sciatica symptoms. Massage helps to relax and release tension in the muscles, allowing for improved flexibility and reduced pain. So, if you’re struggling with lower back pain, don’t suffer in silence – try buttock massage for relief. Call 07979 814388 to book in today!
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a condition that can cause debilitating pain in the lower back and down the legs. It occurs when the sciatic nerve, which runs from the lower back down the back of each leg, becomes irritated or compressed. This can happen due to a variety of factors, such as a herniated disc, spinal stenosis, or muscle imbalances in the buttocks and legs. The latter of these is something that massage can help with.
When the gluteus minimus muscle becomes tight or overworked, it can contribute to sciatic pain. This muscle, located deep in the buttocks, can put pressure on the sciatic nerve, leading to discomfort and radiating pain down the leg. Also there is an even deeper muscle that lies under both the masimus and minimus calle the piriformis.
By addressing these muscle imbalances through buttock massage, you can help alleviate sciatica symptoms. Massage can relax and release tension in the gluteus minimus and other muscles, reducing pressure on the sciatic nerve and providing relief from the pain. So if you’re dealing with sciatica, consider giving buttock massage a try for natural pain relief.