About Us at Relaxing Massage York
Relaxing Massage York provides you holistic massage, which is a complementary therapy. Qualified, insured and experienced staff are waiting to pamper you, just the way you like to be pampered. Our goals during your treatment are simple. We want you to relax completely and enjoy your experience as much as you possibly can. While you are here all you have to do is permit yourself to really indulge in relaxation. Allow us to make you feel good and help to relieve your tension. We always aim to provide you a professional and completely relaxing experience for you.
Kevin is Your Qualified Insured Experienced York Massage Therapist
- Your therapist Kevin at Relaxing Massage York is experienced. He has practised massage for over 25 years.
- Your therapist is fully qualified for the treatments he is providing you.
- For Swedish massage a VTCT level 3 Diploma has been passed.
- Also an ABC level 4 in Massage was passed.
- For Advanced Deep Tissue Massage a Gateway Workshops Practitioners Diploma recognised by BABTAC and Association of Beauty Therapists was passed.
- For Hot and Cold Stone Massage a Gateway Workshops Practitioners Diploma was passed.
- For Indian head massage a YTH Diploma recognised by BABTAC and Association of Beauty Therapists was passed.
- ABC level 3 in Indian head massage was passed.
- TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (RQF) passed at Burton & South Derbyshire College
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid was passed
- Defining Gender Sex and Relationship Diversity Therapy course passed from Pink Therapy
- Your therapist Kevin is fully insured by the Association of Beauty Therapists.
Enjoy a Quiet Relaxing Environment - The Relaxation Room York
Massage is an ancient art that should be given to you in a relaxing environment. We provide that in our relaxation room.
- The relaxation room is pleasantly warm for you, but not too hot.
- We have simple, pleasant decor, using quiet, relaxing colours and a few vases with blooms in spread around.
- There is soft lighting from electric, non-toxic candles.
- We offer a choice of relaxing sounds. From sounds of British forest birds singing, to the sweeping waves of the ocean, the choice is yours.
- We also offer a number of relaxing and or uplifting scents for you. Lavender essential oil is our most popular choice. You could also choose orange, lemon grass, peppermint or some cleansing eucalyptus scents.
Holistic Massage Complementary Therapy - The Truth
Holistic massage is a complementary therapy. This means it is not meant as a cure all but, instead it compliments your bodies own healing system. Its aims are to help your body to heal itself and help you to relax better. This is done by manipulating muscle and other tissues with different types of massage strokes. We start with gentle, then slightly deeper, next deeper still with more comfortable pressure and then back to gentle. This relaxes your muscles, making you feel good. It also pushes toxins in your tissues through the bodies filtering system. known as the lymphatic system. This aids the body to get rid of waste materials quicker than would normally be the case. This liquid will come olut of your body and so, this is why we recommend drinking plenty of water after your treatment.